[Paraview] [paraview] using with python, mpi pvserver and scalar opacity (3.7)

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Tue Jun 16 11:28:12 EDT 2009

This is not correct. The reader is indeed serial. However, ParaView
redistributes the data after reading it. So the resulting mesh will be
load balanced across processors but there will be an I/O and/or
communication overhead.

Note that for unstructured meshes, the redistribution is not
necessarily based on spatial partitioning. If you want a nicely
partitioned and load balanced mesh, use D3.

-berk