[Paraview] EnSight Reader problems

Adam Wiktor awiktor at princeton.edu
Mon Jun 15 12:29:17 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to read an EnSight .case file into paraview, but I get the
following error message:

ERROR: In /tmp/Kitware/ParaView3/VTK/IO/vtkEnSightGoldBinaryReader.cxx, line
242 vtkEnSightGoldBinaryReader (0x164df40): Invalid part id; check that
ByteOrder is set correctly.

ERROR: In /tmp/Kitware/ParaView3/VTK/IO/vtkEnSightReader.cxx, line 304
vtkEnSightGoldBinaryReader (0x164df40): error reading geometry file

ERROR: In /tmp/Kitware/ParaView3/VTK/Filtering/vtkExecutive.cxx, line 757
vtkCompositeDataPipeline (0x1576f40): Algorithm
vtkEnSightGoldBinaryReader(0x164df40) returned failure for request:
vtkInformation (0x1100ce0)
  Debug: Off
  Modified Time: 106010
  Reference Count: 1
  Registered Events: (none)
  Request: REQUEST_DATA
  FROM_OUTPUT_PORT: 0
  ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1
  FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0

The EnSight reader works fine with a sample file, just not with the data I
have (the difference might be that the sample file is a regular ensight
file, and mine is ensight gold). Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Adam