[Paraview] Query about TableToStructuredGrid filter

Lester Anderson lester_anderson1963 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 23 11:25:08 EDT 2009

Hello

It is good to see that there is now CSV import functionality, which works fine for displaying points (e.g. using Glyphs), but if you want to do more interesting work, you need a structured grid. The option to take the loaded CSV data and convert it to a Structured Grid is listed (Table to Structure Grid). However, this always fails with the same error message (Windows XP and Vista)

ERROR: In ..\..\..\src\VTK\Graphics\vtkTableToStructuredGrid.cxx, line 98
vtkPTableToStructuredGrid (0A195768): The input table must have exactly 1 rows. Currently it has 8 rows.

ERROR: In ..\..\..\src\VTK\Filtering\vtkExecutive.cxx, line 757
vtkCompositeDataPipeline (0A1952A0): Algorithm vtkPTableToStructuredGrid(0A195768) returned failure for request: vtkInformation (09987D80)
  Debug: Off
  Modified Time: 9473124
  Reference Count: 1
  Registered Events: (none)
  Request: REQUEST_DATA
  FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0
  ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1
  FROM_OUTPUT_PORT: 0

I have tested this on a multilayer volume and it fails as above: the Table to Points always works. What we want is to have Paraview
interpolate the data between the points such that a volume can be sliced etc. Is there a problem with this option?

Lester