[Paraview] VALUES or THRESHOLDS selections

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Jul 2 12:14:46 EDT 2009

For Thresholds selections it runs vtkExtractSelectedThresholds, which
has the simpler implementation. It simply iterates through the data
looking at the values.

For Value selections, it ends up running vtkExtractSelectedIDs. In
that filter, a copy of the data array is first sorted by value, and
then searched. The copy is supposed to stick around for the later
calls, which makes sorting it worthwhile in the long run. I assume the
copy is not sticking around for some reason in your case, or less
likely that the sort algorithm itself is running out of memory.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
28 Corporate Drive