[Paraview] python programmable filters with no output in ParaView?

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Sat Jan 24 09:23:18 EST 2009

Hmm,

One thing to try is to have it output a vtkPolyData with exactly one
point and VTK_VERTEX cell (to contain the point and cell associated
attribute arrays respectively. The output is minimal in that case, but
can be used by vtk/paraview for additional processing if needed (for
example the information tab will display something useful). That is
what the paraview.servermanager.Fetch filter does for client side
python scripting of reduction operations.

But no output? We would have to change the cxx code for that. Please
add a feature request to the bug tracker if the above solution does
not work for your needs.

cheers,