[Paraview] Isosurface

Mare Libero mareliber27 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 22:17:34 EST 2009

Hi,

I am new to Paraview and I hope some of you can help me. I am trying to visualize an isosurface. I used to work with Matlab where I would input the data in 4D in the format: <X> <Y> <Z> <Intensity>
To use Paraview, I generated a dataset in VTK format as an unstructured grid with no cells. The Intensities are associated to the corners of the cells as follow:

# vtk DataFile Version 3.1

Volume

ASCII

DATASET UNSTRUCTURED_GRID

POINTS 197173 FLOAT

1 1 1

1 1 6

1 1 11

POINT_DATA 197173

SCALARS Intensities float

LOOKUP_TABLE default

20799.3681311062

20803.8373905225

20806.6752675851......
When I open this file, Paraview correctly identifies minimum and maximum values and the number of points. But I can't manage to visualize the contours.
Any suggestion? Do I need to generate CELLS data to draw isosurfaces? Can Paraview generate an isosurface solely from POINTS data? Thanks in advance.