[Paraview] building code as part of paraview

Natalie Happenhofer nataliehapp at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 20 04:39:45 EST 2009

Hi!
I´d like to add a new writer to Paraview. I´ve already tried it as a plugin, and this works fine, but I would prefer not loading the plugin everytime I need it.
I followed the instructions on the wiki called "Build code as part from paraview". Technically, everything is found, but building paraview I get many errors of the kind "undefined reference".
The problem is, that I also build shared libraries to get my Writer to work, and it seems they are built too late for the code to be linked. But where should I put the libraries to be build?

thx,
Natalie