[Paraview] Writer Plugin cannot be loaded

Natalie Happenhofer nataliehapp at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 17 08:53:06 EST 2009

Well,
I tried everything, changing the cmake_install_prefix and so on, and lastly I checked  the CMakeLists.txt file  which took care of the Plugin and there I found a mistake.. a library name spelled incorrectly. I changed that and now I get
linker errors which I do not know how to get rid of:

No rule to make target `/usr/local/unpackaged/libcommon.so', needed by `bin/libVdcWriter.so'.  Stop.

That libcommon.so is a library which is already build, but not by paraview, and I want it to be linked to my code. Here
is the CMakeLists.txt:

INCLUDE(${ParaView_SOURCE_DIR}/CMake/ParaViewPlugins.cmake)

INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(
  ${VTK_INCLUDE_DIR}
  ${PARAVIEW_INCLUDE_DIRS}
  ${VTKEXPAT_SOURCE_DIR}
 )

FIND_PACKAGE(Qt4)
INCLUDE(${QT_USE_FILE})

FIND_PACKAGE(ParaView REQUIRED)
 INCLUDE(${PARAVIEW_USE_FILE})

FIND_PACKAGE(VDC REQUIRED)
INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${VDC_INCLUDE_DIR})

FIND_PACKAGE(NETCDF REQUIRED)
INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${NETCDF_INCLUDE_DIR})

IF (PARAVIEW_BUILD_QT_GUI)
  ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN(VdcWriter "1.0"
    GUI_RESOURCE_FILES GUIVdcWriter.xml
    SERVER_MANAGER_XML SMVdcWriter.xml
    SERVER_MANAGER_SOURCES vtkVdcWriter.cxx
    )
ELSE (PARAVIEW_BUILD_QT_GUI)
  ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN(VdcWriter "1.0"
    SERVER_MANAGER_XML SMVdcWriter.xml
    SERVER_MANAGER_SOURCES vtkVdcWriter.cxx
    )
ENDIF (PARAVIEW_BUILD_QT_GUI)

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(VdcWriter ${EXPAT_LIBRARY} ${NETCDF_LIBRARY} ${COMMON_LIBRARY} ${VDF_LIBRARY}

I believe that target_link_libraries command is not correct, but how can I link all these libraries to my code?

thx
Natalie