[Paraview] Writer Plugin cannot be loaded

Natalie Happenhofer nataliehapp at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 15 08:38:37 EST 2009

Hi!

I have written a Writer-Plugin and after (at last) successfully compiling and linking it within Paraview, I tried to load it with the PluginManager,
and in the Paraview/build/bin directory I found my libVdcWriter.so, but loading fails. I get the error message: "libVdcWriter.so: no such file or directory"
But the file is in the build/bin - directory, the plugin-manager-browser found it!
Does anyone know what could be the problem here? Is it possible that I missed to link something, any library from paraview so that this plugin can be loaded?

and by the way, a stupid question: linux .so - files are equivalent to windows .dll-files, true? so while I´m loading my plugins as .dlls in windows, with linux they have the ending .so, right?

thx a lot,
Natalie Happenhofer