[Paraview] Adding custom chart view

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Jan 13 11:28:58 EST 2009

Are you creating new new view for your filter, or do you want to
simply show the output of the new filter in the current "BarChart"
view used by the Histogram filter?

If you are creating a totally new view, simply start by subclassing pqView.
In the filter's XML you can use a hint as follows to indicate to
ParaView which view to create by default for the filter.

    <Hints>
        <!-- View can be used to specify the preferred view for the proxy -->
        <View type="MyViewsXMLName" />
     </Hints>