[Paraview] File Series Reader as a Plugin

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Jan 8 17:12:11 EST 2009

Sean,

I am a little confused.  Are you saying that there exists a reader in ParaView that you want to use to load in a file series?  And the issue is that because the reader already exists in ParaView in the "sources" group and you cannot move it to "internal_sources" or some other naming conflict?

If this is the case, I don't think there is anything special you have to do.  Just make a new <FileSeriesReaderProxy> tag in the "sources" group.  The Reader subproxy can be in any group; it does not mater if it also came from "sources".  The FileSeriesReaderProxy can also co-exist with the single file reader so long as they have unique names.  You can also make your reader read files with the same file extension; ParaView will use the plugin reader instead of the one defined in ParaView.

-Ken