[Paraview] FILE > OPEN plugin

Jérôme jerome.velut at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 02:36:28 EST 2009

Hi,

I also need such a functionality, as I want to share a simple, easy
demo of a filter -it seems that "open" then "load state" is a too
complicated process...-. On my mind, the purpose is to built
automatically a pipeline when a file is open, that is not
straight-forward: depending on the type of data you opened -that
implicitly choose an appropriate reader-, the next filter may be, or
not, available.

I think that we can take a look on the Auto-starter plugin. The given
example show a notification of "Plugin is loaded", through the
onStartup function. The way should be to catch another event than
startup, such as "fileOpen" or "onRead".

But in your case, maybe the "save state" functionality will be
sufficient ? Or maybe it is possible to include a reader in a custom
filter (composite pipeline functionality) ?

Thank for your help !