[Paraview] coordinate data

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Tue Jan 6 11:38:35 EST 2009

Yes, it is possible. You have two choices:

1) Use the programmable filter

In a programmable filter, you can access the blocks of a multi-block
dataset with something like:

output = self.GetOutputDataObject(0)
output.GetBlock(0).GetNumberOfPoints()

2) Fetch the data from the server

Of course, Fetch is a no-op if you are using the built-in server.
output = servermanager.Fetch(reader)
output.GetBlock(0).GetNumberOfPoints()

-berk