[Paraview] Viewing multiple image volumes that aren't in the same space

Richard Beare richard.beare at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 18:55:30 EST 2009

Hi,
I have some slice based MRI data that I'd like to display in paraview
(so I can do contouring and so on). I have multiple slices in
different planes that I'd like to display in their correct relative
positions.

The problem is that paraview appears to ignore all of the orientation
information, so I'm after ideas about how to do this correctly.

Some thoughts I'd like some recommendations on are:

use ITK to generate a coordinate for each voxel and convert to a
format which supports position and value for each node - but which
one?

Load as an image and apply the transformations inside paraview. This
would require extracting the transformation matrices from the mri
data, which is doable, but I'm not sure how to apply the
transformation in paraview - any suggestions?

Thanks