[Paraview] problems with repeatable input to filter

Natalie Happenhofer nataliehapp at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 20 06:48:04 EST 2009

Hi!
I´m trying to write a filter with multiple inputs, in my case I need two datasets as input to this filter. In order to achieve that, I have the following routine in my code:

int vtkTauFilter::FillInputInformation(int port, vtkInformation* info)
{
 info -> Set(vtkAlgorithm::INPUT_REQUIRED_DATA_TYPE(),"vtkDataSet");
 info -> Set(vtkAlgorithm::INPUT_IS_REPEATABLE(), 1);
 return 1;
}

and I put in the /Servers/ServerManager/Resources/filters.xml file the following:

 <SourceProxy name="TauFilter" class="vtkTauFilter" label="TauFilter">
     <InputProperty name="Input" command="AddInputConnection" clean_command="RemoveAllInputs" multiple_input="1">
         <ProxyGroupDomain name="groups">
             <Group name="sources"/>
             <Group name="filters"/>
         </ProxyGroupDomain>

 </SourceProxy>

Compiling Paraview works fine, but I get the error:
ERROR: In /ParaView-3.4.0/VTK/Filtering/vtkDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx, line 732
vtkCompositeDataPipeline (0x357dd50): Input port 0 of algorithm vtkTauFilter(0x357bff0) has 2 connections but is not repeatable.

Does anyone know what´s could be the problem here?

thx a lot,
Natalie