[Paraview] particletracer

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Thu Feb 19 05:00:19 EST 2009

Martin

> 4. Selecting my dataset go to filters and particletracer. In the new
> window I'm choosing 'source' as input port. Under 'select source(s)' I'm
> holding down the shift key and click on temporal cache and line. Then I
> click OK.

WRONG!

The input is the termporal data (Temporal Cache)
The source is the seed points (Line)

There is a reason why there are TWO separate filter inputs. I'd have
thought that that was so blindingly obvious that it didn't need explanation.

the inputs should be called "Temporal Input" and "Seeds", but
unfortunately, the XML doesn't let me override the names inherited from
StreamTracer.

JB