[Paraview] python programmable source not parallel?

Jean Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Tue Feb 10 05:54:16 EST 2009

I have a python programmable source which mimics an already working C++
Reader. The Reader works in parallel and correctly gets the Update
Extent assigning to each proc, a different sub-region of the whole. The
Python prog. source works fine in serial mode.

When run in parallel, *all* procs receive the same Update Extent equal
to the Whole Extent, as if the Extent Translator ignores the
parallelism. I get the following printed for the Update Extent:

Process id: 0 >> (0, 63, 0, 31, 0, 24)
Process id: 3 >> (0, 63, 0, 31, 0, 24)
Process id: 2 >> (0, 63, 0, 31, 0, 24)
Process id: 1 >> (0, 63, 0, 31, 0, 24)

Have other been successful with Programmable Source running in parallel?

My script is atached.

Jean --
Swiss National Supercomputing Center