[Paraview] duplicate points

Danesh Daroui Danesh.D at bredband.net
Thu Dec 24 18:49:51 EST 2009

I have a question about how Paraview parses the VTK files. I use
VERTICES to show points on a geometry which works fine and they are shown
on our shape when Paraview is used. But, some points are duplicated
which means some points are overlapping each other. I want to know if
Parview
is smart enough to simply ignore duplicated points, defined using POINTS
or it will make the 3D geometry heavier and as programmer I need to take
care
of that and make sure that there are no duplicate points?

Thanks,

D.