[Paraview] Paraview 3.6.1 on Fedora 12 legend labels overdrawn

Andrew Lofthouse loftyhauser at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 09:36:57 EST 2009

On 12/18/2009 09:17 AM, Berk Geveci wrote:
> OK. Now that we have a guess about the source of the problem. I can
> suggest a solution: compile ParaView with Mesa, software rendering
> only. I'd recommend getting the Mesa source from mesa3d.org, compiling
> and installing it. I wouldn't use the one that comes with your
> distribution. ParaView will probably perform slightly worse than the
> native Intel drivers but it should give you correct results.

It looks like the problem is with the Mesa library using hardware
rendering for the Intel video chipset (I'm using the i915 driver).  I'd
like to submit a bug report upstream -- but I'm not at all familar with
the Paraview code.  Where would I find the details of the label code
where the problem is?  I'd at least like to point to some possible Mesa
GL functions that are not implemented correctly in the i915 driver...