[Paraview] setting name of individual patches in AMR

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Sat Dec 19 20:07:08 EST 2009

I believe that this was intentional as the number of patches can be in
thousands to hundreds of thousands. Getting that many strings from the
server and populating the GUI with them would be slow. If you look at
vtkPVDataInformation, there is a code that says something like:

  if (this->CompositeDataInformation->GetDataIsMultiPiece())
    {
    // For vtkMultiPieceDataSet, the vtkPVCompositeDataInformation does not
    // give us individual piece information, we collect that explicitly.
    this->AddFromMultiPieceDataSet(data);
    }
  else

vtkHierarchicalBoxDataSet uses multi-piece datasets to represent each
level so this code executes. You could probably (I am not 100% sure)
get rid of this if to make it work.

-berk