[Paraview] Paraview 3.6.1 on Fedora 12 legend labels overdrawn

Andrew Lofthouse loftyhauser at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 08:58:11 EST 2009

I've now narrowed the problem to libGL.so.  The libGL.so that ships with
F12 is /usr/lib64/libGL.so.1.2, with /usr/lib64/libGL.so.1 pointing to
it.  The version that I compiled from source (using the generic build
instructions to get software rendering) is libGL.so.1.5.070601.  If I
point /usr/lib64/libGL.so.1 to my new libGL (libGL.so.1.5.070601), *and
run the version of Paraview that ships with F12* (not my customized
build), then the label problem is not present.

I don't know if this is due to a newer version of libGL, or if it is
because I compiled that version of libGL without hardware acceleration.
Any insight from others?

I would like to keep the original version of libGL -- so I'd like
Paraview to look for libGL.so.1.5, instead of libGL.so.1.  Perhaps I'll
need to statically link Paraview to libGL? Any suggestions as to how
best to keep the hardware accelerated version of libGL, but point
Paraview to the in-software-only libGL?