[Paraview] particle animation

Pei-Ying Hsieh phsieh2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 16 20:21:35 EST 2009

Dear ParaView experts:

I did a simple calculations of particle motion under magnetic fields using perl.  I would like to plot the particles as a function of time.
What format should I use to save for paraview to be able to read in?  The particles has attributes of: size, time, coordinate in X, coordinate in Y, and coordinate in Z.  The particles were initially randomly distributed within a (Xmin, Ymin, Xmax, Ymax) domain.  There is no mesh required.

Is there any examples/tutorials on something like this?

It will be highly appreciated if someone can point to me a direction.

Pei