[Paraview] Problems getting Vector plots ....

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Sat Dec 12 18:19:10 EST 2009

.... I am trying to use Paraview to view results from a Control-Volume
CFD code (all variables calculated & stored at cell centers). After
(apparently) whiffing w/ the legacy VTK ASCII format, I added some code
to write out an XML file (also legacy VTK) w/ the grid & solution
quantities. I can get it successfully imported into Paraview (3.2.1 &
3.6.1.fc11) & see the grid & any raster plots (Gouraud) of various
scalars, as well as velocity magnitude. I can't figure out how to get
vector plots, however, & haven't (yet) located an example somewhere on
the website. Any pointers on that topic ? TIA for your time & any clues.

--

	William A. Mahaffey III