[Paraview] PV 3.6.1 Mac OSX Plugin error: "Cannot set parent, new parent is in a different thread"

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Thu Aug 27 17:01:56 EDT 2009

Tom,

That's weird. I haven't run into this error before. Is your plugin
using multiple threads? Can you try putting a break point in
Qt/Core/pqOutputWindow.cxx in the methods: "onDisplayText",
"onDisplayWarningText", "onDisplayErrorText",
"onDisplayGenericWarningText" and check what is causing the error?

Utkarsh

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Maxwell, Thomas P.
(GSFC-606.2)[SCIENCE APPLICATIONS INTL CORP]<thomas.maxwell at nasa.gov>