[Paraview] Suggested format for open unstructured CFD including surface geometry?

Adriano Gagliardi agagliardi at ara.co.uk
Mon Aug 24 03:52:59 EDT 2009

This is something I assumed they were doing, but with the limited experience
I have using FieldView I was never sure. As you said, Tecplot and Ensight
appear to do well enough with their open formats, and if I'm correct are
cheaper per licence too. (On a side note, having used them both extensively
and realise their individual merits, I believe ParaView is at least as
capable as them both, but with more potential.)

I didn't realise that there already existed a converter in OpenFOAM to
FieldView format. I'll take a look and keep you posted, but it may be a week
or so before I get round to working on it.

Adriano

p.s. Ensight Gold is a solid format from my own experience and most packages
can handle it.

Adriano Gagliardi MEng PhD
Project Scientist
Computational Aerodynamics