[Paraview] Python Test Recording

pat marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Sat Aug 22 12:20:03 EDT 2009

Hi Jon,

Yes, in fact there is a new feature in paraview called python trace
that generates python scripts using the paraview python api (
http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Python_Scripting )  In order to get
this feature you need to checkout the current development version of
paraview from cvs.  Paraview doesn't come with makefiles, instead we
use CMake to generate makefiles.  Instructions can be found here
http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView:Build_And_Install .

Python trace is still a very new feature, but it works well for many
basic tasks. It won't handle everything though.  Instructions for
using trace can be found on this page
http://paraview.org/Wiki/Python_GUI_Tools .

When you reply remember to cc the paraview list too.

Pat