[Paraview] How to set up X connection

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Mon Aug 17 17:06:07 EDT 2009

When you say "do have a login screen in each of the machine", what do
you mean? Is it a graphical one or a black window with a login prompt
at the top? If you have a graphical login screen, that means you are
running X (through xdm or some other display manager). If not, you
need to enable X on those machines. This may require installing it -
or not if it is already there - and turning it on. How to do that
depends on the Linux distribution. Once that's done, you should create
a user and make Linux login to that user automatically at boot time.
You will also have to make sure that the display is accessible. This
may require using something like the xhost command. I recommend
searching on the web for more information on setting up X.

-berk