[Paraview] How to get a smooth clipping at the boundary

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Aug 13 14:49:36 EDT 2009

You might be able to solve the problem by clipping the geometry multiple times with planes instead of using the box.

-Ken

On 8/13/09 10:46 AM, "Sven Buijssen" <sven.buijssen at tu-dortmund.de> wrote:

Hi,

I have a 2D data set with one scalar value. When I apply the "Warp by Scalar"
filter with default settings and then a clipping filter of type box with scale
settings being 1/1/0.3 and "inside out" checked I end up with a scenery with
nice hills, except at the boundary. There, the hills are chopped off pretty
ugly, exhibiting a lot of fringes. See the screenshot at
http://www.mathematik.tu-dortmund.de/lsiii/download/foo.png

Does anyone have an idea what filter to apply before clipping in order to
improve this, to get a cleaner clipping?

Data set can be downloaded here:
http://www.mathematik.tu-dortmund.de/lsiii/download/foo.vtu

Thanks a lot
Sven