[Paraview] How to get a smooth clipping at the boundary

Sven Buijssen sven.buijssen at tu-dortmund.de
Thu Aug 13 12:46:12 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have a 2D data set with one scalar value. When I apply the "Warp by Scalar"
filter with default settings and then a clipping filter of type box with scale
settings being 1/1/0.3 and "inside out" checked I end up with a scenery with
nice hills, except at the boundary. There, the hills are chopped off pretty
ugly, exhibiting a lot of fringes. See the screenshot at
http://www.mathematik.tu-dortmund.de/lsiii/download/foo.png

Does anyone have an idea what filter to apply before clipping in order to
improve this, to get a cleaner clipping?

Data set can be downloaded here:
http://www.mathematik.tu-dortmund.de/lsiii/download/foo.vtu

Thanks a lot
Sven