[Paraview] MultiblockDataSet Global IDs

Rafael March rafaelmarch3 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 6 01:27:19 EDT 2009

Hi,

how to correctly generate a Points Global IDs to a vtkMultiBlockDataSet ? The IDs must, of course, be unique. I tried to iterate through the blocks and attribute to each part a vtkIntArray with the IDs, but of course this does not work when the parts have points in common.

Also, I'm specially interested in MultiBlock comming from Ensight files, and I discovered recently that the Ensight Reader does not associate the "true" number of points to each part. So the GetNumberOfPoints() method doesn't work in these cases.

How to achieve this ? I really need these Global IDs in order to uniquely identify each node of my model, to create a finite element preprocessor.

Regards,
Rafael March.