[Paraview] Animation

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed Aug 5 17:06:13 EDT 2009

The easiest thing to do is to write a series of VTK files. For
example, they would be named particles0.vtk, particles1.vtk etc. Each
file would be something like the example below. If you do this, you
can open the file series (which would show up as a group in the file
browser) and press play to animate. The full documentation for the VTK
file format is at http://vtk.org/VTK/img/file-formats.pdf

-berk

# vtk DataFile Version 3.0
vtk output
ASCII
DATASET POLYDATA
POINTS 3 float
-1.02799 1.46338 9.18737 -0.664569 -2.96981 -2.69093 -2.72324
-0.552718 0.738882

VERTICES 1 4
3 0 1 2

POINT_DATA 3
SCALARS Elevation float
LOOKUP_TABLE default
0.995465 0.025688 0.31188
VECTORS BrownianVectors float
-0.0320832 -0.0399305 -0.123324 0.477184 -0.0482109 0.497965
-0.0439099 0.0346265 -0.0237767