[Paraview] ParaView Digest, Vol 64, Issue 8, Message 2

Wei Wu Wei.Wu-2 at postgrad.manchester.ac.uk
Wed Aug 5 16:09:00 EDT 2009

Dear Tobias,

Many thanks for your help.

Do you think it is necessary to extract the sub-domain, on which I
want to calculate average value, previous to using the integrate filter?

I am so sorry that I am still confused about the integrate filter. For
example, I have a result, in which temperatures are in the range 20 ~
39.5 degree C. After I apply the integrate filter, I got the
temperature value is 0.00210551, which is so small. I multiply this
value with the cell number, 23040, I got 48.5109504, which is beyond
the range.

You did mention I have to multiply this averaged value with the
calculated area value to produce proper values. I feel sorry that I
don't truly understand this. In my example, the area/volume is very
small. They are at the level 0.01/0.001. Therefore 0.00210551 times
total area/volume cannot give a reasonable temperature either. I feel
quite confused.

Many thanks in advance for your further help.

Regards, Wei