[Paraview] ParaView Digest, Vol 64, Issue 8, Message 2

Tobias Froebel tfroebel at gmx.de
Wed Aug 5 11:36:25 EDT 2009

Hello Wei,

I'm using the Integrate Filter to calculate area- and mass-averaged flow
values in planar polydata grids (boundary surfaces) of cfd-models.

It's important to convert point-data to cell-data previous to applying
the integrate variables filter. After applying this filter you receive
area averaged values of every cell-data. Therefore in my case you would
have to multiply the averaged value (for example averaged temperature)
with the although calculated area value to receive "proper" temperature
values.

I've never tried to apply the integrate filter on 3D volume data, but I
expect volume averaged results, therefore multiplying with the volume
value should give you more meaningful values.

Tobias

--
Dipl.-Ing. Tobias Fröbel / CFD

Institute for Flight Propulsion / TU Munich