[Paraview] Error when opening openFOAM case

Takuya OSHIMA oshima at eng.niigata-u.ac.jp
Sat Apr 25 11:42:27 EDT 2009

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the mention about the reader. In fact, it was once checked
into the CVS late last year, but reverted back to the original version
due to too many dashboard errors especially on older and minor
platforms (VS6/SunOS/HP-UX/AIX).

Perhaps I can make a one-time effort of getting rid of all the
reported errors provided that the VTK developers are collaborative
(except an ICE generated by only one of the VS6 dashboard machines for
which I totally have no idea about a solution unless I have direct
access to that particular machine). But I don't think I am so diligent
and patient as to keep asking the VTK developers for repetitive
dashboard trials and errors each time I make improvements or bugfixes
in order to maintain the reader ongoing.

However as a bright side, I am aware of the recent "Can we drop Visual
Studio 6 support?" discussion held on the vtk-developers list. During
the discussion there were not only VS6 but also some other outdated
platforms named as retiring candidates. If it materializes, the
contribution could be easier since most of the remaining (similar)
platforms listed on the dashboard are accessible around me and thus I
should be able to prepare on my part.

Regards,
Takuya

Takuya OSHIMA, Ph.D.
Faculty of Engineering, Niigata University
8050 Ikarashi-Ninocho, Nishi-ku, Niigata, 950-2181, JAPAN