[Paraview] ParaView3 64Bit Experiment

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Sat Apr 11 15:26:23 EDT 2009

You need to set the CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES to x86_64. By default they
build as i386 (32 bit)

I would also suggest NOT building with Python at first. See if you can
actually get the 64 bit to build first, then start adding things.

  I have already run into a number of issues with the cocoa build of
Qt 4.5. QTreeViews do not respond to user clicks and there are also
menu issues within applications. Drag and Drop seems pretty buggy
also. I think I'll probably wait for the next few point releases in Qt
4.5 before trying again.

Good luck. Keep the list posted on how things go as there are more
than a few people interested in the technology.

Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net