[Paraview] How to plot Surface StreamLines

Richard GRENON richard.grenon at onera.fr
Fri Apr 10 05:35:46 EDT 2009

Jacques Papper wrote:
> I would try :
>
> - diminishing the step size (in cell length)
> - Putting a very high number of steps
> - Decreasing the termination speed

I tried this. The best results are obtained with a step size of 0.01
cell length on my data,and I get always short peaces of surface streamlines.
I discovered that the grid refinement was also an important parameter:
- when the grid is coarse at the seed point location, the surface
streamline stops after crossing only one or two cells.
- when the grid is well refined at the seed point location, the surface
streamline is longer and propagates over many cells, but it never
reaches the boundary of the surface.

So I think that the best workaround is to put many seed points all over
the surface. If someone has a better idea...

Best regards.

--
 Richard GRENON
 ONERA