[Paraview] Delaunay triangulation

Sasha Ukhorskiy ukhoray at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 16:17:54 EDT 2009

Dear All,

I am a new user of ParaView and have a very basic question on how to
visualize the output of the 3D Delaunay triangulation. I am trying to plot a
surface traced by a guiding center particle in a planetary magnetic field. I
import particle positions (which belong to the surface) as an unstructured
grid. Then use the Delauday 3D filter with a non-zero Aplpha parameter (to
avoid triangulating distant points which do not belong to the surface) and
display the output using solid color Surface representation. As a result I
am getting almost what I need. The feature that I am trtying to get rid of
is the following: besides shading the triangles with solid color, ParaView
also plots all lines/edges from triangulations which clutter the plot. Is
there a way to supress the lines or should I be using a different approach
for plotting this surface?

Thank you very much in advance,
-Sasha