[Paraview] precompile version and source tree

Biao She shebiao at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 13:26:35 EDT 2008

Hi guys.
I can set up a Paraview server successfully right now, and it works
fine if I use the precompiled version of Paraview. However, if I build
the paraview from sources, the rendering speed of that version is at
least ten times slower than the precompiled version. I use the default
options to compile Paraview (except the installation path) and there
isn't any error in the installation. I am wondering if there are some
options which I should change manually to get a faster rendering
speed?
Also, which mpi implementation is recommended for paraview? I have
tried the mpi version of pvserver, but the rendering result on the
client is not correct. It's just some random dots.
Thanks,

Aaron