[Paraview] Annotate Time with legacy vtk series

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Fri Oct 10 10:08:39 EDT 2008

No, that is the wrong way to go about it.  Changing the timekeeper time will
adjust the times sent to the reader.  You will still have the mismatch
ParaView will not load in all of the time steps that you want.

Instead, apply the "Temporal Shift Scale" filter to your data to adjust its
range to the desired values.  You will probably also have to change the
animation mode to Sequence to force ParaView to ignore the timesteps
reported from the original reader.

-Ken

On 10/10/08 5:25 AM, "Jason Hoogland" <jdhoogland at wbmpl.com.au> wrote:

> Is there a way in 3.2.1 to change the time "tag" mapped to a sequence number
> so that if you have a legacy vtk series (with default time sequence n=1..N),
> then Source > Annotate Time will display your tag rather than n?  I tried View
> > Animation View > Timekeeper - Time with "Variable Time" and:
>
>     Time     Interpolation     Value
> 1   0        Ramp              4575
> 2   97                         7000
>
> Is this valid or is there a better way.  Problem here was that when moving
> frames with the vcr controls, everything but the Annotate Time source text
> changed - all other display objects remained on n=97.  Is this a bug or am I
> doing something wrong with animations?
>
> hoogs

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories