[Paraview] How to view the multiple slices on a volumn rendered object?

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Nov 24 17:17:41 EST 2008

Weicheng,

The "Auto Accept" option mostly does what you want.  Open up the ParaView options dialog box (Edit -> Settings or ParaView -> Preferences on Mac), go to the General page and click on the Auto Accept checkbox.  Once you turn this on, you will never have to hit Apply; all changes get applied as soon as you make it.  This change is system wide, it will happen for any reader, source, or filter, not just the slice filter.  Also, slice filter will only update once you let go of the 3D widget; it will not continuously change as you move it around.

Another option you might be interested in is the slice offset values option in the slice filter.  The slice filter allows you to place multiple slices at once.  Just scroll to the bottom of the object inspector and add a new range of slice offset values.

Yet another option you might be interested in is the ability to animate the slice plane.  Open the animation view (View -> Animation View) and add a track for the Slice Offset Values parameter of the slice filter.  The default values will animate the slice plane along the normal direction of the slice widget.

-Ken