[Paraview] Highlighting Selected Area

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Nov 24 09:24:16 EST 2008

Hey Rafael,

Okay this is a bit advanced (and hacky at the same time -- in ParaView
design object inspector panels are never meant to affect the active
selection), but you can give it a try for your plugin.

In your custom object, when the user changes the 'index' you can set up
a ("sources", "ThresholdSelectionSource") proxy instance (create a new
one if needed) and set it as the selection input to the proxy the panel
is showing (vtkSMSourceProxy::SetSelectionInput). You can look at
pqSelectionInspectorPanel::select to see how the a new selection source
may be created.

Utkarsh