[Paraview] Extension from Plugin-Reader does not apper - QT 4.4 issue?

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Nov 19 07:39:54 EST 2008

There are not quite enough details here to say exactly what your problem might be.  Rather, I will try to answer your specific questions.

* The extension(s) you specify in the Reader tag of your GUI_RESOURCE_FILES (along with the file description) should show up in the file types combo box of the open file dialog.  Your extension will be at the bottom.  Repeats are OK (with caveats), so the extensions should show up regardless).
* I don't think there is anything wrong with your configuration so long as you are building ParaView and the plugin with the same configuration.
* I'm not sure what happens when you "reload" a plugin.  However, I just realized that I accidentally set up one of my reader plugins to be loaded into my ParaView twice on startup for about a week now, and it has worked fine.  In any case, if your plugin is properly loaded, it will show up in the Manage Plugins/Extensions dialog box.  If it is there, there should be no reason to need to load it again.
* I'm not familiar with the vtkGAMBITReader or the details of your format, it it sounds like a good enough place to start.  In any case, the choice should have no impact on whether you see the reader in the plugin show up in ParaView.

-Ken