[Paraview] Display number of cells over time

Jean Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Fri Nov 14 09:06:42 EST 2008

Matthias Moeller wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've got a time series of unstructured grid files. Besides the
> visualization of a scalar variable I would like to display some
> statistical data. In particular, I would like to display the number of
> elements over time (animation).

I have tried via the Python interface. This works fine for me:

px = servermanager.ProxyManager()

view = servermanager.GetRenderView()

label = servermanager.sources.TextSource()

# here you must get the right data. I assumed "reader" was the source of
your data

label.Text = "# of cells: %d" %
reader.GetDataInformation().GetNumberOfCells()

labelRep = servermanager.filters.TextSourceRepresentation(Input=label)

view.Representations.append(labelRep)
view.StillRender()

getting the right handle on your dataset is left as an exercise, since
it is application dependent

Jean --
Swiss National SuperComputing Center