[Paraview] unexpected behavior w/ "Load State" command

Geoff Draper draperg at cs.utah.edu
Mon Nov 10 17:30:15 EST 2008

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if I'm just misusing the tools. Please
advise.  To duplicate what I'm seeing:

(1) Start with a blank scene. Create a simple object (e.g. Sources ->
Cone, and Apply).
(3) Save it as a .pvsm file (File -> Save State)
(4) Exit ParaView, and restart it.
(5) Create another simple object (e.g. Sources -> Disk, and Apply).
(6) On the Display tab, click "Set Solid Color" and pick a color for the
disk.
(7) Restore the previous file (File -> Load State). The disk disappears.
(8) No problem, we simply make the both objects visible by clicking the
"eye" icon in the Pipeline Browser.

(9) Now for the unexpected part (for me, anyway): When the disk object
reappears, it has lost its color, and is rendered about twice as large
as before.

Is this how it's supposed to work?  Thank you for any insight you could
offer!

--Geoff