[Paraview] automated animation in python

Tomislav Maric tomislav.maric at fsb.hr
Sat Nov 1 15:22:32 EDT 2008

Hello everyone,

   I wrote a script that automates animation of large .vtk data sets
that are distributed in timestep directories. When i wrote the script i
had to open .vtk data with LegacyVTKFileReader, and it's FileNames
attribute is a string representing pathname for a given file in .vtk
format. What i would like to know is: how can I open gzipped files with
LegacyVTKFileReader? My script now gunzip's files, and gives FileNames
proper string values, but because of that is horribly slow. Is it
possible for LegacyVTKFileReader to be overloaded so he takes python
file object? Python's gzip.open is much faster, and returns python file
instance...

Tomislav