[Paraview] ParaView and QT

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Sat May 31 20:29:17 EDT 2008

This is really frustrating as my debian machines all upgraded to QT
4.4 a few weeks ago so the ParaView builds are now broken. Even
editing the CMakeLists.txt files does not work.

Why is it that everytime Trolltech changes QT it seems to require a
major amount of work?

If it is not possible to keep up with the changes coming through from
TrollTech, is it possible to do what you used to do with the older
version of ParaView and have a special version of QT that is bundled
with it?

You say ParaView only works with a particular version of QT so why not
bundle it?

Sorry if I sound cranky - I am getting frustrated!

Andrew J. P. Maclean
Centre for Autonomous Systems
The Rose Street Building J04
The University of Sydney 2006 NSW