[Paraview] How to run paraview in parallel

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon May 19 10:11:07 EDT 2008

Is there anything to suggest that something is wrong?  Nothing you are doing strikes me as an error.

There really isn't any difference between the two approaches except that in approach B you save the data.  If you don't really want to read that data in again, then the save step is unnecessary.  If you do want to read the data in, then you may want to consider saving the data after running D3 so that you don't have to process it with D3 the next time you load the data.

The difference between saving data in serial and parallel is the file formats offered.  In parallel, you can only use a file format that supports writing in parallel.  I think all the current parallel writers create a separate file per process and a metafile to point to them all.

-Ken