[Paraview] ParaView Digest, Vol 49, Issue 3

Nicholas Yue yue.nicholas at gmail.com
Fri May 2 17:13:40 EDT 2008

>  Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 09:28:05 -0400
>  From: "Berk Geveci" <berk.geveci at kitware.com>
>  Subject: Re: [Paraview] ANNOUNCE: Posted development snapshot binaries
>         (Berk   Geveci)
>  To: "Nicholas Yue" <yue.nicholas at gmail.com>
>  Cc: paraview at paraview.org
>
>  The 3D texture volume mapper only works with uniform volumes
>  (vtkImageData).

Thanks for the information.

> I am curious which other tools are you talking about?

(1) Golden Software's Voxler
(2) OpenDX

My work flow is to bring in a set of data and if required decimate it
to fit within the memory limit of the system I am using and do quick
rotate/pan/zoom of the volume data set to get an idea of what I am
dealing with.

My actual research is in high resolution volume rendering (with key
frame animation) using RenderMan using Paraview as a possible front
end.

Regards
--
Nicholas Yue BSc (Hons) MACM
Graphics - RenderMan, RIB, Visualization, OpenGL, netCDF