[Paraview] Color By Vector with vtkPolyData

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 11:21:32 EDT 2008

I have a custom filter where I generate a vtkPolyData object as
output. As part of the filter I create a vtkUnsignedCharArray and
attach that to the cell data as a Vector.

output->GetCellData()->SetVectors(slipColors);
output->GetCellData()->SetActiveVectors(
       Dislocation::SlipSystemColor.c_str() );

There are also 2 other arrays (vtkDoubleArray, each with 3
components) attached to the Cell Data that get passed through during
the filter.

When I run the filter in ParaView, the "Color By" drop down menu does
not show my Cell based attributes? Am I simply missing something? Or
is this not possible with vtkPolyData?

An earlier version of the filter generated a vtkUnstructuredGrid as
an output and the "Color By" drop down menu would show the vectors
from the cell data.

If it helps, I am generating vtk_lines as my cell type.

Thanks for any help.
--
Mike Jackson
imikejackson & gmail * com