[Paraview] Script operations cause Paraview to crash after deleting server

Olumide 50295 at web.de
Thu Mar 27 23:44:46 EDT 2008

Hello -

I've written a script that loads several dozen legacy VTK files
outputted by a simulation into Paraview for visual inspection.
Naturally, whenever I rerun the simulation, the contents of the files in
Paraview require updating; because manually deleting each file from the
  pipeline browser would take too long, I decided to delete the
"builtin" server and attempt to reimport the files by running my trusty
script. Unfortunately, Paraview doesn't think this is a great idea, and
it crashes. (Because of this, I've taken to quiting the whole
application and relaunching it - just to reimport files.) Surely, there
must be a better way ;-) .

What say you, O wise Paraview gurus :-) .

- Olumide

Snapshot of the error:

ERROR: In
C:\berk\ReleaseBuilds\ParaView3\Servers\Common\vtkProcessModuleConnectionManager.cxx,
line 165
vtkProcessModuleConnectionManager (060EA820): Invalid connection ID: 5

.... (a hundred or so times)

Failed to locate server for newly registered proxy ( "sources" ,
"My_DataFile_Object" )
ERROR: In
C:\berk\ReleaseBuilds\ParaView3\Servers\Common\vtkProcessModuleConnectionManager.cxx,
line 165
vtkProcessModuleConnectionManager (060EA820): Invalid connection ID: 5

My script uses servermanager.sources.LegacyVTKFileReader() to import
legacy file, creates a representation as suggested in the thread
http://www.paraview.org/pipermail/paraview/2008-March/007334.html